Google Apps files Export / Import
1. Log into your @johnsonbrock.org account. (make sure it shows up in the top right corner)
2. Navigate to www.google.com/takeout
3. Click on "Manage Archives" and then Click “Create an Archive”
4. Place a checkbox next to anything you want to save. I suggest archiving ONLY what is necessary.
** Mail will not be able to be imported so do NOT choose this one. See "Gmail Maintenance" for options.**
5. Click “Next”
6. Choose the zip format and select a delivery method.
7. Click "Create Archive" It can take some time to create the file, Google will email your johnsonbrock.org account when it is complete.
8. You will need download the zip file to a local computer and extract the files from the zip file to view them.
First, the Google Takeout utility converted these files into Microsoft Office format (meaning Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Below are instructions to upload individual files, or entire folders into your NEW personal Google Drive account:
How to manually upload files
There are two ways to manually upload files to Google Drive:
If you are using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox, you can simply drag-and-drop your files directly from your computer into Google Drive at drive.google.com. You can even drag-and-drop files directly into folders or sub-folders. For all other browsers, follow option two.
Upload files through Google Drive:
From the Google Drive web interface, you can follow these steps to manually select files to upload:
- Open drive.google.com.
- Click the upload button and select Files... from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file you'd like to upload. To select multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl and click all the files to upload.
- Your file will appear in My Drive.
How to manually upload folders
There are three ways to upload folders to Google Drive: