Google Apps files Export / Import
1. Log into your @johnsonbrock.org account. (make sure it shows up in the top right corner)
2. Navigate to www.google.com/takeout
3. Click on "Manage Archives" and then Click “Create a New Archive”
4. Toggle the switch next to anything you want to save. All are on by default, click on select None and then choose what you want by apps. I suggest archiving ONLY what is necessary.
5. Click “Next”
6. Choose the zip format, the file size of the archive (depending on the amount of data you have, use the smallest you can that won't give you more zip folders than you want to deal with) and select a delivery method.
7. Click "Create Archive" It can take some time to create the file, Google will email your johnsonbrock.org account when it is complete.
8. You will need download the zip file to a local computer and extract the files from the zip file to view them.
First, the Google Takeout utility converted these files into Microsoft Office format (meaning Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Below are instructions to upload individual files, or entire folders into your NEW personal Google Drive account:
How to manually upload files
There are two ways to manually upload files to Google Drive:
If you are using the latest versions of Chrome or Firefox, you can simply drag-and-drop your files directly from your computer into Google Drive at drive.google.com. You can even drag-and-drop files directly into folders or sub-folders. For all other browsers, follow option two.
Upload files through Google Drive:
From the Google Drive web interface, you can follow these steps to manually select files to upload:
- Open drive.google.com.
- Click the upload button and select Files... from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file you'd like to upload. To select multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl and click all the files to upload.
- Your file will appear in My Drive.
How to manually upload folders
There are three ways to upload folders to Google Drive: